Monday, September 21, 2015

Where our value comes from

I decided to write on a topic that really resinates with me and hits close to home. In my early childhood years, I remember wanting to belong and be apart of something. I wasn’t sure what that ‘something’ was but I spent a lot of those years looking to things that had little or no value. In high school I remember a friend telling me that if I had ‘just lost 15 pounds,’ I would be ‘so cute.’ I did well in school but I was consumed with my physical appearance and struggled with a lack of self confidence. Fast forward to my early and mid 20’s and I found that I was constantly comparing myself to other women. I could share about some of the bumps and struggles along the way but I will wait until another blog post for that.

It has been a process but God has allowed for me to see where my true source of security & value come from. Not from others, my physical appearance, material possessions, or even financial status. And when I feel myself go there - when I start to compare myself to others or find myself wishing my life looked differently than what it is now, God gently reminds me that He is enough and I am able to shift my mind to what I know is true.

I know the struggle we have as women to compare ourselves to others and to chase after things that only bring temporary happiness and joy in the end. Unfortunately, we live in a world that tells us that being prettier, thinner, and richer equals success and value. Don't allow your joy to be stripped from you because you are consumed by what you think your life should look like. I felt compelled to share part of my journey with you and my hope is that you are able to find encouragement in some of these truths.

Love & Hugs,

Mia

3 comments:

  1. We were pretty much separated at birth, sweet Mia! I so needed to read this today. Post baby at 3 months I have been struggling with my body image. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who helps by never ceasing in making me feel beautiful. But more importantly my Heavenly Father who sees my value and beauty and helps me to give myself grace. I too struggled with body image as a kid, teen and early adult. I grew up being the chubby girl with a cute face. I too had countless people (mainly men) who said I was beautiful but if only I lost 15-20 pounds if be HOT. My insucriry isn't as bad now but I still feel waves of comparison that eat me up inside. I pray daily for this issue. I'm comforted to know that God has worked in this area of your life too! And just remember how beautiful your body is and how God is using your body to weave and form that beautiful baby! xox, Danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing testimony Mia!!
    I have had the same experience as you, had been looking for something I have never found but in Jesus. At age 23 I have accepted Jesus as my only savior and my life has been changing to the better everyday I get to know him more and more.

    May God keep guiding you and your family His way.

    XO,
    Camila

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plus side is that you get a lot of options with a lot of different pricing. where to buy resin

    ReplyDelete